All of our pupils follow the National Curriculum.
For an explanation of the Key Stages within the National Curriculum click here.
With small class sizes, a mixture of traditional and modern teaching methods are tailored to suit the individual child.
All pupils are taught French, Italian and Music by specialist teachers.
From Year 2, pupils are invited to join extra-curricular clubs, such as choir, drama, chess and Lego.
Early Years Foundation Stage – ages 3-5 (Nursery and Reception)
Key Stage 1 – ages 5-7 (Years 1 and 2)
- All pupils take part in daily phonics sessions and one-to-one reading time.
- Daily Literacy lessons actively encouraging the development of language development through speech, reading, listening to stories and writing.
- Daily Maths activities work to ensure a good solid foundation of mathematical skills as they move up the junior school.
- Pupils explore a wide variety of topic areas, often exploring the interests of the child or calendar events such Diwali, Chinese New Year, the seasons and weather in a cross-curricular way to develop and encourage curiosity and creativity.
- Pupils also take part in a weekly ballet or yoga class.
Key Stage 2 – ages 7-11 (Years 3-6)
Subjects covered in the Junior School include:
- Literacy (Language, Literature, Spelling, Handwriting, Poetry, Drama)
- Geography and History
- Art and Design Technology
- Music and Dance
- PSHE (Personal Social and Health Education), Citizenship and Religious Education
- Physical Education, Games and Swimming