Educational Visits & Activities
Throughout the school year, classes visit venues of educational importance and interest whenever possible.
Recent visits have included:
- Residential visits to France
- Lancashire Science Festival
- The World of Beatrix Potter at Bowness
- Lytham Hall
- Lytham Windmill and Lifeboat Exhibition
- Roman Museum at Ribchester
- Clitheroe Castle
- Lancaster Castle
- Judges Lodgings, Lancaster
- The Butterfly House at Williamson Park, Lancaster
- MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry), Manchester
Junior pupils have the opportunity to visit France and Italy regularly, combining staying in a chateau with using the language and experiencing the French and Italian way of life. A variety of activities such as swimming, sailing, go-karting and volleyball are enjoyed on our regular residential activity weekends.
For activities outside the classroom, the Junior School is divided into three houses. House competitions include Music, Chess, Short Tennis, Spelling and General Knowledge. Other activities include Recorder Groups, Choir, Computer Club, Dance Club and Gardening Club.
Private lessons include: piano; singing; guitar; classical guitar; violin and drums.
“Pupils are helped to understand fundamental British values such as respect and tolerance” (2016)